Here are 75 funny music quotes from the world’s biggest musicians!
Best Funny Music Quotes
1. “Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.” – Hans Christian Andersen
2. “Music is the only thing I’ve ever known that doesn’t have any rules at all.” – Josh Homme
3. “The only love affair I have ever had was with music.” – Maurice Ravel
4. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
5. “In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of.” – Robert Schumann
6. “To get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder.” – Keith Moon
7. “When I was a little boy, I told my dad, ‘When I grow up I want to be a musician.’ My dad said, ‘You can’t do both, son.'” – Chet Atkins
8. “It’s easy to play any musical instrument: all you need to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” – Johann Sebastian Bach
9. “I’d rather be a musician than a rock star.” – George Harrison
10. “I’m one of those regular weird people.” – Janis Joplin
11. “Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end.” – Igor Stravinsky
12. “Only become a musician if there is absolutely no other way you can make a living.” – Kirke Mechem
13. “Beethoven’s last quartets were written by a deaf man and should only be listened to by a deaf man.” – Thomas Beecham
14. “The piano has been drinking, not me.” – Tom Waits
15. “All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.” – Frank Zappa
16. “Do it again on the next verse, and people think you mean it.” – Chet Atkins
17. “My music is best understood by children and animals.” – Igor Stravinsky
18. “Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” – Jean Paul
19. “I’ve been imitated so well I’ve heard people copy my mistakes.” – Jimi Hendrix
20. “Get up from the piano. You’re hurting its feelings.” – Jerry Roll Martin
21. “To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
22. “If some day we all go to prison for illegally downloading music, I just hope that they split us by genre.” – Unknown
23. “My taste in music ranges from ‘you need to hear this’ to ‘I know, please don’t judge me.” – Unknown
24. “All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.” – Louis Armstrong
25. “I stole everything I ever heard, but mostly I stole from the horns.” – Ella Fitzgerald
26. “I wish my life had background music so I could understand what the hell is going on.” – Unknown
27. “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Berthold Auerbach
28. “Finding old music you used to love is like getting back in touch with an old friend.” – Unknown
29. “A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion, but doesn’t.” – Tom Waits
30. “My neighbors listen to some excellent music. Whether they like it or not.” – Unknown
31. “If everybody was happy in relationships there wouldn’t be any good music.” – Unknown
32. “Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.” – Steve Martin
33. “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words.” – Victor Hugo
34. “I hate it when I’m singing a song and the artist gets the words wrong.” – Unknown
35. “The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Unknown
36. “Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal.” – Igor Stravinsky
37. “Life without music is like Facebook without notifications.” – Unknown
38. “Music makes sense when everything else is crazy.” – Unknown
39. “I don’t know anything about music. In my line you don’t have to.” – Elvis Presley
40. “I smash guitars because I like them.” – Pete Townshend
41. “Do I listen to pop music because I’m miserable or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?” – John Cusack
42. “Wagner’s music is better than it sounds.” – Mark Twain
43. “Classical music is the kind we keep thinking will turn into a tune.” – Kin Hubbard
44. “I am a songwriter. Everything affects me.” – Taylor Swift
45. “At 60, your favorite classic rock song is now elevator music.” – Unknown
46. “My music will tell you more about me than I ever will.” – Unknown
47. “Make your passion your paycheck.” – Unknown
48. “You can’t overdose on music.” – Unknown
49. “If the music is too loud, you’re too old.” – Ted Nugent
50. “I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.” – Tom Waits
51. “Without music, car rides would be really awkward.” – Bono
52. “I am home alone. Time to start my concert.” – Unknown
53. “My sole inspiration is a telephone call from a producer.” – Cole Porter
54. “Music is everybody’s possession. It’s only publishers who think that people own it.” – John Lennon
55. “No opera plot can be sensible, for in sensible situations people do not sing.” – W.H. Auden
56. “Country music is three chords and the truth.” – Harlan Howard
57. “Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung.” – Voltaire
58. “If music be the food of love, play on.” – William Shakespeare
59. “Music is poetry in the air.” – Richter
60. “Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
61. “Music is love in search of a word.” – Sidonie Gabrielle
62. “Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
63. “Music is well said to be the speech of angels.” – Thomas Carlyle
64. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” – Confucius
65. “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
66. “Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
67. “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen
68. “Music is the art of thinking with sounds.” – Jules Combarieu
69. “Music happens to be an art form that transcends language.” – Herbie Hancock
70. “Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.” – Lao Tzu
71. “The world’s most famous and popular language is music.” – Psy
72. “Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato
73. “Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together.” – Edgar Winter
74. “Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory.” – Oscar Wilde
75. “Music is what feelings sound like.” – Unknown
More Funny Quotes
ONLINE LESSONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE!!!
ONLINE LESSONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE (NO TRAVEL CHARGES).
ZELLE OR VENMO FOR PAYMENTS PREFERRED. MULTIPLE STUDENT DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE.
CONTACT BENJAMIN IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MULTIPLE STUDENT DISCOUNTS!!!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE TIMES • PROVEN METHODS • BEGINNER TO ADVANCED
DRUM LESSONS REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS
Ben is an amazing music instructor. I am a music producer and I have taken piano lessons from him for over 5 years. Highly recommended as he is very patient and easy to work with.
"I think it was a great first lesson for my 8 year old. He has been taking private lessons for the past one year but none of the instructors taught him the right technique to hold the pick, hold the guitar and placement of right and left hand. The instructor (Benjamin) seemed knowledgeable and had the right approach to teach a child. Definitely plan to continue taking these lessons and definitely recommend to anyone who is interested."
"Ben is an amazing piano teacher. He is energetic, outgoing and very patient. My daughter has really enjoyed her lessons over the last few months. He has kept my daughter excited about learning by his upbeat personality, but has also made sure she focused on the essentials of piano playing. Ben is very knowledgeable and as a parent, it is very comforting to deal with such a professional."
"With Ben's encouraging, patient and enthusiastic style of teaching I now know that I can learn to play guitar. As an older student I wasn't sure if I should endeavor such a challenge. Before I realized, I was learning, playing and understanding music."
"My son has only had his first lesson so far but the instructor was very good with him. He was so interested after the lesson that he continued to practice for another 20 min after the lesson. He is now very excited to learn more. Thank you!"
"Ben is a good guitar teacher. I have learned many things from him. He lets you take your time when you are trying to learn something and he will never rush you. I would suggest having Ben as your guitar teacher."
"I had my first lesson and am very excited and inspired by Benjamins enthusiasm and teaching style. He makes it a lot of fun! I am hoping his style will inspirer my daughter to take lessons."
"Ben was prompt and very friendly. The boys enjoyed the lessons and will continue on with Ben. He was great at being flexible to fit us into his schedule when it worked for us."
"Ben is very patient and knowledgeable. My son was very happy about learning to play a song after his 1st lesson. He is eager to practice and seems to really enjoy it."
"Benjamin was patient, friendly, and professional. He worked well with my kids and we are looking forward to next weeks session."
"Ben has so much passion and an amazing gift for sharing it with young ones -- my 6 year old son LOVED his first lesson!!!"
"Ben is an excellent and very supportive instructor."
"Ben is a great teacher. He keeps lessons interesting and fun!"
"Ben makes lessons fun and I also learn a lot!"
"Ben has been teaching guitar to my son for the past few months and I must say that, it has been great so far. Ben teaches various techniques which I see no other previous guitar instructor has stressed upon earlier and they are must for guitarist in order to develop good habits from the start. He makes sure in every class that my son is playing the guitar with correct form and technique. He's good with kids and makes sure they are comfortable and understanding the instructions. I always tell my son to learn as much as possible from Ben, he's a good teacher and willing to share his knowledge. Recently started piano classes as well for my daughter and so far going great. She's liking them. Definitely recommend if any one wants to learn music from Ben. At least give him a try."
"I had been meaning to get piano lessons for my oldest for a while and when I found Ben's ad on Yelp I sent him a message. He responded quickly and was able to fit us in at a time which worked perfectly for the both of us. He is very patient with my daughter and she has shown so much improvement over such a short amount of time. I can't believe how quickly she is picking things up and enjoying playing. She constantly makes up new songs throughout the day, adding to them and seems genuinely interested in continuing. He even likes to help her create new music to keep her interested. A much better experience than I had when I was younger. I am so glad we found Ben."